Saturday 10 January 2015

Best Gift - My Secret Indulgence


My husband always tries really hard to spoil me at Christmas.  We''re not quite brave enough to leave things purely to chance so we write a wish list in October.  The list ranges from the outrageous, need to win the lottery first, gifts to the practical everyday items (my list always includes items of stationery and his includes the "fixings" needed for his daily smoothie).

This year he really outdid himself - and I'm finding it hard to choose between 2 gifts as to my favourite 2014 gift.  We both purchased an experience day for each other.  Mine is a day spent with Owls at one of the local wildlife centres.  I am so excited about this, I've had a lifelong love of owls and to spend the day learning about these beautiful secretive birds, and then getting to handle/fly them is going to be one of my highlights of 2015.  A blog post will definitely accompany the day so watch this space........

The other main gift is from the practical bucket and it's already been used every day.  I am now the very happy owner of a Tassimo coffee machine.  I can now indulge my love for frothy flavoured coffees whenever I want.  It came complete with latte mugs and enough pods for 6 weeks worth of coffee!!  Yes, the pods are expensive and definitely a bit of a luxury - but if you shop when on special offer you can get a box of 8 pods for the price of one large latte at a fancy coffee shop  - so I'm actually saving money :-)  Something about a nice steamy cappuccino or a tall glass of creamy latte makes you feel like you're really indulging - so this is the gift that will continue to give throughout the year, whenever I need a little indulgence.

So far, we've tried latte, caramel latte, cappuccino, caramel macchiato and hot chocolate...........all were just as delicious as store bought coffees and so very simple to make.  One of my January household tasks is always to declutter the kitchen counters, this year I'll be freeing space for this delightful little machine to have a prime spot.  

What was your best gift this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment