Friday 2 January 2015

Recipe: Pork Fillet with Cherry Sauce


Many years ago I was invited to dinner at a friend's house and she made a delicious bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with a red wine and cherry sauce. I wrote the recipe down but lost it somewhere over the years so, for our New Year's Dinner, I decided to try and recreate the recipe as best I could remember.

For the meat I used 2 pork fillets (tenderloins) and cut them in half. I sprinkled with salt, pepper and some fresh chopped herbs. For each piece of tenderloin I laid out 3 slices of prosciutto (you could also use parma ham or bacon) and wrapped them up like a parcel. I heated a little oil in a frying pan and seared the parcels for about 2 mins on each side.
Then they went into a baking dish and into a 200C oven for about 35-40 mins.
While they were cooking I made the sauce (other than red wine I couldn't remember the ingredients so this turned into a real experiment!). In a pan I combined 150mls each of red wine, cranberry juice (as I had some in the fridge, it felt festive and it limits the "winey" taste in the hope C would eat it too) and water. Add 4-5 spoonfuls of cherry conserve or jam. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 5-10 mins until it thickens a little. Before serving stir in 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar and 2tsps of cornflour dissolved in a little water. Serve the sauce over the pork with mash and veg. YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment