Friday 15 January 2016

Mud, Music and Mischief...Little Loves


Oh what a week, the weather turned considerably colder, the snow teased us and we lost some pretty awesome celebrities to that dastardly Cancer.  I've decided to link up with the lovely Coffee work sleep repeat for a weekly look back at the positives of the week that was.

Read

In a bid to keep on track with my New Year goals to be a little more in control and organised, and deciding that my biggest problem was my work Inbox  - if you're anything like me then you just can't keep on top of it.  One day of long meetings or travel and that's it - into the black hole of email strangulation you go!  I read reviews of a number of books and ended up with this one as it seemed to speak to me.  I've set everything up, and got to the end of the week with an empty inbox and a slight feeling that I just might be in control!  Takes a bit of getting used to but I think I can stick with this...I'll keep you posted....



And I can't leave reading without congratulating C for moving into the Accelerated Reading programme at school.  He now gets to take a quiz after finishing each book - he's very excited!

Watched

Silent Witness - I love this show! They pick such topical storylines, are not afraid to tackle the difficult topics and really do keep you guessing until the end.  The sad thing is you only get 5 storylines per season...

Made



Our favourite meal this week was definitely this quick and easy Sweet & Sour Pork,  It was fresh, tangy and delicious with lots of fresh pineapple, green beans, tomatoes and a nice kick from some red Thai curry sauce.

Wore



MUD!  Our rugby match this week was a total mud bowl - but having boots with platform mud heels and a ball that looked like a giant mud pie didn't stop my little speed demon from scoring a few tries!  Let's face it, a 6 year old boy's dream....being told to go play in the mud!

Heard

I really love this song as it seems to combine 2 of my favourite music genres from back in my staying out late nights - R&B and Country.  Initially I thought it had a really smooth R&B story-telling vibe - and then it burst into full blown country.  It's on most of my Spotify playlists now!


And Lastly...

The picture at the top of this post is an excited little boy with some real Native American treasures sent from our dear friend Jann in Canada.  He made a dreamcatcher during a craft session just before Christmas and we shared a picture on Facebook...Jann saw it and decided to send him a real one, along with a Native American drum.  He was absolutely delighted with his new treasures and took them along to show and tell his class this week.

Hope you've all had an enjoyable week full of little loves...



LittleLoves

2 comments:

  1. Loving the rugby action shot! Bet he loved it.
    Sweet and Sour pork is so yummy, my mum used to make it when I was a kid but as my husband doesn't like it I never get to make it. boo.
    Hope you've had a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Morgana - he just loves rugby and, of course, the mud didn't bother him one tiny bit!

      I have a slightly picky husband when it comes to food, although he does eat a lot of it! Thankfully he does like Asian and Mexican flavours so I get to experiment quite a bit. Hope your week has been full of little loves! x

      Delete