Sunday 9 October 2016

Twitter Trend - #CheeseToastieFest


When I'm browsing my Twitter feed I always enjoy looking at what's trending.  Sometimes, it alerts me to something newsworthy that I missed, sometimes it alerts me to some overpaid celebrity doing something they should be ashamed of, sometimes (usually weekends) it's full of sports-related hashtags.  Well today, something totally caught my eye - #CheeseToastieFest was trending....


For me, a humble cheese toastie is the ultimate comfort food - sometimes with added ingredients but mostly a good bread with some delicious melty strong cheddar is all that's needed to take me to a place of ultimate feel good and comfort.  In Glasgow today they had a fest for this most comforting of treats....I have to admit, I've probably never wanted to go to something more than I wish I were in Glasgow right now!

I think this should be a national festival with every city, town, village, hamlet and street paying homage to all things cheese toastie!

Now my pork joint roasting away in the oven is not going to be quite as comforting as it was before I heard about this.  I may need to serve cheese toasties as an appetiser....is that going too far???

What's your ultimate comfort food?


No comments:

Post a Comment