Tuesday 4 October 2016

Menu Plan Monday - 3rd October 2016

Yes, I know it's Tuesday, but Monday ran away from me as a result of a very painful Achilles Tendon injury!  I don't recommend either the injury or the medication to anyone.  Tuesday is being brought to you this week by nauseous and drowsy!

October has started out very gently which means we'll probably see a 10 degree drop in temperatures almost overnight sometime this month.  I love Autumn so don't really mind and it does need to be a crisp cold night for Halloween but I'd like a chance to get to know my cosy PJs, comfy jumpers and winter boots gradually - not have to pull them out of the closet in a big hurry because we've woken up to frost on the ground after a t-shirt day the day before.

I sorted out our freezer this weekend and found a lot of chicken that really needs using up -so a big chicken focus for us this week.  Not that this bothers my non-beef eating husband but I've tried to find different ways of preparing all week so it doesn't feel like we're eating remotely the same thing every day!

Monday - Buffalo Chicken Strips, Sweet Potato Fries, Salad

Tuesday - Liver and Bacon, Mash, Veg

Wednesday - Chicken Enchiladas, Salad

Thursday - Chicken Milan, Cajun Vegetables

Friday - Chicken Pot Pie Pasta

Saturday - Crockpot Honey Bourbon Chicken, Rice, Salad

Sunday - Roast Pork Dinner

Sweet & Treats - Mini Chocolate Bombes, Mini Pavlovas, Ricotta & Vanilla Tiramisu, Magic Peach Cobbler

Happy cooking & eating this week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment