Sunday 20 July 2014

Sunday Indulgence

I'm not much of a baker -I much prefer to cook where the exact science required for baking isn't essential.  However, I spotted this recipe in a recent issue of Good to Know Recipes and knew I had to try it.  We don't drink often in our house but Malibu is one of my favourite long cocktail ingredients so there's usually a bottle in the drinks cabinet.

May I present, Coconut Cake with Naughty Malibu Icing - delicious and so indulgent!


You make a basic Coconut sponge, sandwiched with buttercream with the addition of 25g of desiccated coconut and 1 Tbsp Malibu.  The icing is 125g of Royal Icing Sugar mixed with 2-4 Tbsps of Malibu to make a smooth but not to runny consistency.  You just pour it into the middle of the cake and let it drip down the sides.   Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment