Wednesday 2 September 2015

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to School we go!


So the Summer hols have come to an end.....back to school tomorrow for the beginning of a whole new adventure in Year 1. A bit more "real" schoolwork looms ahead this year....I'm looking forward to that! smile emoticon There'll be spelling, and sentences and a little more homework. I get to be a school run Mum for the next two days so am looking forward to hearing all about what's different and what's the same as Reception.


This time next week he'll be turning 6....where has my little boy gone???? He looks so much older now...he's more than 3/4 my height, has a size 1 shoe and now reads me a story at night. He's full of opinions and OH SO MANY questions! Every so often I catch a glimpse of the little one though - a little touch of my hand or arm to reassure him I'm still there, he still loves cuddle time, still happily tells me how much he loves me and can still be oh so silly! I'm so amazed and proud of the boy he's becoming.

In the last year his reading has developed from single words and sounds into stories; he can write quite well (although not his favourite activity!); his love of numbers and maths has continued as he's started to tackle number problems; he's learned to ride his bike; he's decided to take up Rugby and Swimming after trying several sports; he's made some awesome little friends and they love to challenge each other to find better solutions and dig deeper into topics; he's had some really lovely teachers that have made me appreciate how lucky we are to be in a small village community school and I've made some lovely new parent friends who seem to overlook the fact I'm old enough to be their Mother!
Sleep well little one - the next chapter begins in the morning! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment